Cardus has a fascinating article up exploring whether there are differences between Canadian and American Evangelicals (aside from stereotypes). Pointing to the research the article points out 5 examples of the differences between Canadian and American Evangelicals. They include:
1. Canadian evangelicals are a much smaller minority in Canada than American evangelicals in the United States.
2. Canadian evangelicals inhabit a more secular environment than American evangelicals.
3. Canadian evangelicals have less confrontational attitudes toward fellow Canadians than American evangelicals do toward fellow Americans.
4. Canadian evangelicals are less invested in a national narrative than American evangelicals.
5. Canadian evangelicals are, on average, less aligned with conventional conservative political stances than are American evangelicals.
Read the whole article for more details.
For my American friends who are living in Canada, what differences do you notice?
For my American friends who live in the States and read some Canadian Christian blogs, what differences do you notice?
For my Canadian friends who are living in the States, what differences do you notice?
For my Canadian friends who live in Canada and read American Christian blogs (which is the majority of Christian blogs out there), what differences do you notice?